Here’s our simple step-by-step guide for uploading graphics to Canva to create your own original announcements and social media posts.
Canva is free online software to use on your computer or you can download the app to your iPhone or iPad. You will need to create an account so you can save your designs.
It is a great way to create your own custom invitations, announcements and posts, and is used by both non-designers as well as professionals. As with any creative design, selecting layouts, fonts, and images can be time consuming when there are so many options!
While the service is free, Canva makes money through the sale of stock images as well as other premium offerings (Canva Pro), so no need to upgrade unless these are necessary for you.
I have tested out the app using the free account, uploading my own graphics and choosing from the free options and have found it quite easy and fun!
- Open Canva and select ‘Create Invitation or Announcement’ option.
- Click the ‘Uploads’ tab to browse and upload your saved image/s.
- When it has uploaded, drag it onto the main area and make any size adjustments.
- Click the ‘Text’ tab and add your own text – try out the fonts, change the size, move them around…
- Saving happens automatically so now you can share and download – it’s that simple!
Here is my invitation sample using this background image:
There are over a 100 fonts to suit your style and you can make lots of adjustments to the font size, colour, line height, spacing, alignment, and position of your words to make it perfect.
Share to your favourite social media including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and save your design to your computer or device and share via email, text, messaging apps etc.
P.S. I have no affiliation with Canva!